Internships, Mentorships, & Work-based Experiences
Camp Cardio and Camp Neuro
Camp Cardio & Camp Neuro – Camp Cardio and Camp Neuro are summer camps ran in Minneapolis by medical students. It’s a 1 week summer camp for high school students interested in exploring careers in medicine. Students may apply for scholarships to attend!
Dealer Teamwork Summer Internship
Dealer Teamwork creates products, strategies and solutions to help car dealers make a dominant digital advertising and search presence, and its founders are widely recognized as some of the most forward-thinking individuals operating in the retail and automotive marketing space.The ideal candidate for the 2018 Dealer Teamwork Summer Internship Program will be excited to learn about working in a professional office setting, someone interested in working on a broad variety of projects and someone interested in the ever-growing field of Digital Marketing. During this internship, you will receive training and mentorship from some of the top Digital Marketing minds in the country! Click here to learn more.
ICA Food Shelf
Internship Opportunities in Communications, Events, and Development. The ICA Food Shelf Supports neighbors in need through food distribution, financial assistance, and employment assistance. Click on the links below for more information.
Iron River Construction Apprenticeship Program
The apprenticeship program was created to increase accessibility to higher education for students interested in vocational studies. By creating a scholarship program that is paired with experience with other carpenters, apprentices will gain important insight in the construction world. If you like working with your hands, feeling accomplished after a long day of work, and would like to work for a company that values you, then this is a great opportunity for you. Click here to learn more.
Exploring is a worksite-based program that provides experiences that help young people mature and to prepare them to become responsible and caring adults. Exploring programs are based on five areas of emphasis: career opportunities, life skills, citizenship, character education, and leadership experience. For more information, go to http://www.explorenow.org/.
Holy Family Mentorship Directory
Holy Family Mentorship Directory connects experienced professionals with students exploring careers and seeking advice in a number of fields. Contact Alumni Relations Coordinator Matt Thuli at email@example.com.
The Langdon, Inc.
The Langdon, Inc. is looking for Business and Marketing Summer Interns. Learn all about running a 501c3 nonprofit organization, marketing, sales, business management and much more. They currently help over 150 charitable organizations. To learn more, call (952) 836-6347.
UMD North Shore Summer Music Experience
UMD is hosting a camp program for middle school and high school students.Students enrolling in the choral, band, and string camps will be assigned to various ensembles by ages and abilities. Click here or here for more information.
Journey with Dante
Benedictine College is excited to announce the 2019 edition of Journey with Dante, the school’s summer study abroad program in Italy designed for high school students. Journey with Dante provides rising high school juniors, seniors, and graduating seniors the opportunity to earn college credit while learning about another world culture and studying great literature. The program, offered in association with World Bound Learning Projects LLC, is now accepting applications, which are available online at www.benedictine.edu/JourneywithDante.
Camp Cardiac & Camp Neuro
Camp Cardiac & Camp Neuro, run by medical students in over 30 cities nationwide, are 1-week summer day camps for high school students interested in exploring careers in medicine. Students may learn more and apply by visiting http://www.campcardiac.org and http://www.campneuro.org
Duke Summer Sessions
- Summer College – A four-week, credit-bearing program for US students currently in 10th or 11th grade and international students currently in 10th – 12th grade in which they take undergraduate-level courses
- Summer Academy – A three-week program for students currently in 9th – 12th grade in which they take a certificate course.
- Intensive STEM Academy – A one-week, STEM-based program for students currently in 9th – 12th grade that consists of a variety of laboratory tours, faculty lectures, and workshops.
To learn more, please visit: http://summersession.duke.edu/high-school-students
Dunwoody College of Technology
Dunwoody offers several summer camps to explore careers, take courses, and visit job sites. To learn more, please visit: http://dunwoody.edu/about/campus/visit/summer-camps/
Harvard University Summer Programs for High School Students
Harvard’s summer programs for high school students are designed to prepare students for that all-important next step—both academically and socially—paving the way for a successful college experience. They have two programs. Their Pre-College Program is a two-week residential experience featuring noncredit courses. Their Secondary School Program is a seven-week session offering college courses for credit. To learn more, please visit: http://www.summer.harvard.edu/high-school-programs
Junior State of America
JSA provides world-class summer schools and institutes for outstanding high school students. Held at some of the most prestigious universities in the nation, JSA summer programs prepare students for success in college and beyond. Locations: Arizona State, Georgetown University, Princeton University, Stanford University, UCLA, and UC Davis.
- JSA Summer School – JSA Summer School give students access to rigorous college-level classes on the campuses of some of the most prestigious universities in the world. In addition to classes in topics like international relations, constitutional law and speech & political communication, speakers programs, debate workshops, and social activities help equip students with vital leadership skills while forming lasting friendships and memories.
- Summer Institutes – JSA Summer Institutes give students a short, focused program on governance and key components of the political system. Programs range from three to four days long, and each combines a speakers program with interactive student activities, offering a unique perspective on the political issues facing Americans today.
For more information, please visit http://summer.jsa.org/programs/
Miami (Ohio) University
The Summer Scholars Program provides a rich, early college experience for academically-talented rising high school juniors and seniors from across the globe. You will be working with faculty and professional experts on the application process, essay writing and leadership skills.
For more information or to apply, please visit http://MiamiOH.edu/summerscholars.
Notre Dame Summer Programs
- Summer Scholars – A two-week program in one of 20 exciting programs of study. The coursework is a true preview of college academics—it is both rigorous and rewarding, and students earn one college credit upon the completion of a program track.
- Leadership Seminars – Leadership Seminars explore topics affecting the global community. The courses are centered around vibrant discussion and a robust exchange of ideas. In this context, students are encouraged to examine their own conclusions and hone their own leadership capacities by improving their communications and analytical skills. Expenses for students accepted to Leadership Seminars—including transportation to and from Notre Dame—will be paid for by the University. Approximately 100 students are admitted to Leadership Seminars each year, and students are eligible to receive one college credit upon completion of the program.
- Study Abroad – Study abroad with Notre Dame faculty as a high school student. The study abroad programs offer you a unique opportunity to travel the world, explore a new culture under the guidance of Notre Dame faculty, and make memories that last a lifetime.
To learn more, please visit http://precollege.nd.edu/
Oxbridge Academic Programs
Oxbridge Academic Programs has been offering summer study opportunities to adventurous students in grades 8-12 for over 30 years. We are based in some of the world's best universities, and in historically and culturally significant cities, across the UK, Europe, and America. You can choose two subjects - a major and a minor - from a range of more than 200 subjects. Outside of class, there are a huge number of elective extra-curricular activities on every program, as well as guest speakers, workshops, and field-trips.
To learn more, please visit http://www.oxbridgeprograms.com/
Oxford Advanced Studies Program
The Oxford Advanced Studies Program (OASP) is a tailored course for international students aged 16+ who would like to spend an enriching semester in Oxford while kick-starting their university careers. The aim of the program is to help students achieve their potential and progress to top universities worldwide.
To learn more, please visit http://www.oasp.ac.uk/
Stanford – Pre- Collegiate Studies
Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies produces an array of programs for academically talented young students everywhere. Our programs are available online and in-person, during the summer and year-round, and feature broad exploration or intense study in a single subject.
To learn more, please visit https://spcs.stanford.edu/find-yourself
University of Chicago
Discover the awesome course opportunities for high school students this summer at the University of Chicago. Within a supportive campus community, students from all over the globe are exposed to diverse ideas in classrooms taught by world-class faculty and instructors. In the classroom, students are given the chance to take intellectual risks, dive more deeply into subject matter, and discuss questions that go beyond the realm of their high school curriculum.
To learn more, please visit https://summer.uchicago.edu/high-school-students
Wartburg College Summer Leadership & Service Summit
High school students between their sophomore and junior year or junior and senior year of high school attend a week-long residential institute to study and practice leadership skills and Summer Leadership & Service Summit (LSS)At the service as a form of community and civic engagement. In a week of hands-on learning, students work under the direction of faculty and staff from Wartburg College’s Institute for Leadership Education.
To learn more, please visit http://www.wartburg.edu/lss
Washington University Summer Experiences
- High School Summer Scholars – Students have the opportunity to enroll in courses for credit and study alongside undergraduates. Students select from a broad range of stimulating introductory courses in the humanities, math, sciences, and social sciences.
- High School Summer Institute – High School Summer Institutes combine traditional undergraduate class and lab curriculum with organized field trips, guest lectures, and hands-on activities in order for students to gain valuable academic and career experience. Institutes are divided into morning and afternoon sessions that include assigned readings, daily assignments, and a final project.
To learn more, please visit https://summerexperiences.wustl.edu/
Wilderness Inquiry creates unforgettable outdoor adventures for people like you. We operate throughout North America and around the globe, maintaining high-quality standards on every trip we do. Wilderness Inquiry adventures are more than simple vacations. We break the mold and invite you to experience the outdoors in a manner that provides new perspectives on the natural world and the power of positive community spirit.
To learn more, please visit https://www.wildernessinquiry.org/